NOMADS IV. INHABITANTS OF THE SAHEL
NOMADS IV (inhabitants of the Sahel) will document the territorial transformation and human displacement of one of the most changing areas of the planet. The scarcity of resources, the lack of water and armed conflicts determine the way of life of a population that is losing its land.
We will travel in four-stroke ULM trike from Mauritania to Eritrea on a journey of more than 6,000 km along the 8 countries that interact with this strip of land bordering the Sahara desert.
The team will consist of 2 pilots, a photographer and a scientist who will travel in 2 trikes from the Atlantic Ocean to the Red Sea.
1. Study of the different ethnic minorities that inhabit the Sahel and their ways of life.
2. Study of natural resources and human resources in the struggle for a terrain that is desertified.
3. Socio-economic indicators and development factors.
4. Relationship between minorities and integration in national politics.
5. Environmental study of the Sahel. Future’s expectations.
6. The armed conflict.
7. Young people
8. Exploration of the territory and mapping of the fringe.
PROPOSAL FOR INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION:
Project resulting from the analysis of the area.
OCTOBER / DECEMBER 2020
SENEGAL . MAURITANIA . BURKINA FASO . MALI . NÍGER . NIGERIA . CHAD . SUDAN . ETIOPIA . ERITREA